Beautiful quality of hand waxed fabric, with light copper glow.
This fabric was hand waxed with beeswax. This makes the fabric resistant to water and dirt and therefore perfect bag material. Because of its golden glow even party-proof!
- Colour: Light copper
- Weight: 250 gr per m²
- Roll width: 140 cm
- Price per unit
- 1 unit = 50 x 70 cm
- 2 units = 50 x 140 cm
- 3 units = 75 x 140 cm
- 4 units = 100 x 140 cm
- Need a different size? Contact us!
- In contrast to our basic waxed cotton, this fabric feels much stiffer. This is because the beeswax has saturated the fibres of the fabric. Don't panic!
- The more you work with the fabric, the more you fold and from it, the smoother and softer the fabric will become. Heating with a hairdryer or between a pressing cloth with the iron at a low setting also helps. For example, to turn a bag through a tunrn hole, a hairdryer is a perfect tool.
- The fabric may be folded by us to ship. Just as with all waxed fabrics, visible folds and stripes are quite normal here. Don't see it as an imperfection, but as a special unique feature! The longer this material is used, the more beautiful it will become.
- You do find the stripes very annoying? Heating with a hairdryer or iron will help to spread the wax evenly back over the fabric.
- Use a sturdy needle (e.g. jeans needle).
- Avoid head pins, but use wonder clips.
- Do you need fusible reinforcement for your project? Then reinforce the lining instead of this fabric. The glue might not stick properly because of the wax.
- Avoid ironing, unless using a low tempature, and between a pressing cloth or baking paper.
- To apply markers, use a blunt pointed object instead of a marker or chalk.
- Do NOT wash fabric! Use a damp cloth or a brush to remove the dirt.
Avoid long exposure to extreme heat.